BHM (Bachelors of science (Hons.) in hospitality management)
Bachelor’s Degree in Hotel Management (BHM) is a four year full time degree programme. The BHM course is structured to provide a high level of professional training to meet the latest standards and trends in the global Hospitality Industry. The syllabus and degree is offered by Lincoln University Malaysia. This programme is approved by Lincoln University Malaysia and is equivalent to Tribhuwan University Nepal.
To give elementary knowledge about the fundamental business principles that applies to hospitality organizations
- The student can built the skill and think critically
- Analyze ethical issues that impact business decisions from economic, political, legal, and social perspectives.
- To enable students to operate in both national and global workforce challenges with professionalism.
- Evaluate the application of technology as a strategy for competitive advantage in business communication, leadership and team building skill.
- Able to analyze and solve business problems in a real-world context
- Conduct basic research using scholarly sources to acquire new knowledge in the business domain.
- Describe the ways in which diversity influences a hospitality organization’s ability to achieve its goals.
- Ability to acquire knowledge in business and economics that creates and develops well-rounded managers and executives to enable them to compete at the global hospitality industry level.
- To produce proactive graduates who are knowledgeable and keep abreast with current issues of business and economics.
- To produce graduates with capability to integrate and apply the latest technology in hospitality management.
- To contribute to the country’s development by producing graduates that fulfills requirements of both private and public sectors in tourism and hospitality industry.
- To share their knowledge of business and economics to students of other schools in this university college in order to produce well-rounded graduates
- Capability to develop a healthy body and mind and become a disciplined individual while truly representing the hospitality industry in a professional manner.
- Pass STPM; or secured at least second division in the 10+2,, PCL or equivalent program equivalent
DURATION: 4 years INTAKE: November-December and May-June
The graduates will continue their career development into middle and senior management positions in the following employment settings:
- Hotels, Resorts, Inns;
- Food & Beverage services; Restaurants,
- Dining Rooms, Pubs,
- Institutional Food services;
- Management Consulting Companies
- The employment opportunities are varied:
- Supervisory/Management, which require advanced planning and leadership skills.
- Independent entrepreneurs, there are many business opportunities in the Hospitality sector which the graduate might pursue.
- Hospitality Business Development organizations which plan, develop and operate new business.
- Hospitality training organizations/Human Resources Management positions.
- Sales and Marketing.
DOWNLOAD BHM SYLLABUS